I was up and packed, away and on rd before 0830am. 5 km up the rd I stopped at the tourist info and got new maps and info was told the weather showers and made plans to cycle to Gull Lake. I had a second breakfast at the cafe over the road when the heavens opened up and rain low cloud and terrible visibility on the road. I waited a bit then started I managed 5 km up the hwy1 but had to turn back as visibility was poor and the wind was blowing so I beat a retreat back down the rd this time to a motel in Maple Creek which is 8 km off the Highway and here I sit. I’m unsure if William made any start as he was still in bed when I left and have not seen him on the road today. The rain continued till early afternoon, to late to start and I had paid the motel for the night. Tomorrow I will have to be on the road early and try to make Swift Current in one day 140 km so it’s not going to be easy day and a long one. If I need to I will pull in at Gull Lake. The next day I plan to make to Herbert or there abouts then Sunday to Moose Jaw where I have another warm showers stop.
I’m finding the space in between places without any services hard so it’s long days in the saddle when I’m on the road. The camping last night was good to have company but no use for sleeping as I just couldn’t get comfy. So it’s been a day of catch up and planning and see what weather tomorrow brings.